The 2015 Diamond in the Rough Film Festival
We are excited to announce that Diamond in the Rough Films is putting together its 1st annual film festival. Taking place during the last weekend in September at the newly remodeled Bluelight Cinemas, the San Jose-based fest will feature truly independent films. Films, schedules and ticket information will be made available by the end of July.
We are looking for films and filmmakers who feel pushed out by large film festivals eager to cover their overhead with safe, high budgeted projects that take no risks.
We are much more interested in programming films which take chances with the concept or story instead of trying to impress us with how you shot in 8K at 1,000 frames per second.
It is TOTALLY FREE to submit your film to the 2015 Diamond in the Rough Film Festival before April 1st. And ALL SAN JOSE- BASED filmmakers can submit their work for FREE at anytime before the final deadline date. We only accept online screeners for submissions. We have partnered exclusively with FilmFreeway. FilmFreeway is an excellent and FREE online submission resource. Just click the logo below to be taken to our listing:
SUBMIT YOUR FILM
We except films in the following categories (all genres accepted):
Narrative Features - 60-90 minutes
Narrative Shorts - 20 min or less
Doc Features - 60-90 minutes
Doc Shorts - 20 min or less
Awards will be given for Best Feature and Best Short Film.
We will also select a "Diamond in the Rough" - This Award may be any of the films selected for the film festival and celebrates that high concept movie that maybe didn't have the budget needed to really pull off. This could be experimental, "rough around the edges" or just plain out there.
1. No films depicting pornographic visuals or animal cruelty.
2. The person submitting to the festival claims ownership of video. The film festival will not be responsible for copyrighted, stolen, or uncredited works.
3. The film festival and film festival committee have the right to refuse and or decline any film submitted to the festival.
4. There is no limit on submissions and films may have been completed at anytime. Do not worry about submitting to the wrong category - we can make that final decision.
5. All submissions must be submitted via FilmFreeway for viewing in online format only. We will not accept DVD's for the submission process. DVDs may be requested if your film is accepted.
6. San Jose-based and Bay Area filmmakers are especially encouraged to apply.
7. Do not send any press material until notified.
By entering your film for consideration for the 2015 DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH FILM FESTIVAL you authorize that your work is cleared for festival exhibition and accept full legal responsibility for the intellectual property therein. Entry into the festival constitutes permission to exhibit your work at the 2015 DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH FILM FESTIVAL. The Film Festival is also hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless the DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH FILM FESTIVAL from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered. The Film Festival may opt to withdraw your work from the festival at any time for any reason. The Film Festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEES. By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.